Water is a conduit for spirit connection and intuition. We are currently in the season of the water bearer, Aquarius; and although Aquarius is ruled by air, there is no doubt that they are a master of intuition and its watery nature. Almost all of my closest friends share a common thread- they are all Aquarius, and their intuition and connection to water is fierce.
Trance work in the bath is the ultimate Aquarian setting for a deep dive into intuition and compassionate connection to the self and the Divine. I have been pondering the higher self as the DIVINE self recently, and I feel that our higher selves are an illuminated Divine version of our selves.
This trance meditational bath will help you get there.
How to Create a Ritual Trance Bath for Love
You will need:
- 1-2 cups or more of Epsom, Himalayan (pink salt would be lovely here), or sea salt
- A few pinches of your favorite rose petals
- A couple fresh sprigs of rosemary
- A dash of rose oil, jasmine, or ylang ylang. (Simple olive oil is lovely too - the oil helps to hold the spell and anoint it divinely so whatever you have on hand will do nicely)
- A piece of rose quartz
- Two white pillar candles to create a threshold into the sacred bath
Step One: Physically clean your bathroom and tub with your favorite cleaning agents.
Step Two: Energetically cleanse the space with your favorite plant bundle or incense.
Step Three: Bless the space with a chosen source of light, for example I have been having fun with fiber optic-colored lights that shift, fade and change on a cycle. You can also employ a lit candle as your blessing light of choice.
Step Four: Put on your favorite healing music (Big fans of Julianna Barwick and Nailah Hunter over here!)
Step Five: If you have familiars ask them to join you or guard your door.
Step Six: Light two white candles, and place at opposing sides of your space/bath, creating a sacred threshold.
Step Seven: Run the bath, add salt of choice.
Step Seven: Add rose, rosemary, oil(s), and rose quartz to your bath.
Guided Trance Meditation for Love:
- Once you are in the bath, begin to breathe. Grounding your energy, allow Divine golden light to enter through the crown of your head (top of your head) and pour down through your body and into earth with magenta pink light.
- Begin to visualize yourself lovingly in front of a mirror - either naked or adorned in the most elegant and lovely garment(s) that help you to feel empowered. Spend these moments loving yourself and take notice/note to any symbols, flowers, allies or messages that may form in the energetic mirror in front of you.
- Spend these intimate moments with yourself and take note of any symbols, flowers, allies, or messages that may form in the mirror with you or around you.
- When called to, recite the following three times
"I am a radiant and illuminated beauty.
My light shines from within.
I chose to openly and completely love myself."
- While reciting this, anoint yourself with the sacred bath water. Some folks chose to fully submerge themselves. I like to anoint myself with the water 3, 6, or 9 times at each energy point (crown, third eye, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral, and root). Do what feels right to you in the moment. Spend as long as you like but make sure you are here for at least 20-25 minutes.
- Once complete, thank the water for its guidance and love and ask it to transmute any negativity into compassion and love and to send it back to the earth to be nourished.
- Enter out of the tub backwards being mindful of your candle threshold and drip dry. Record any thoughts or messages and return the rose petals and rosemary as an offering to the earth or the rivers and blessed waters.
**If you do not have a bath, you can do a foot soak - your feet hold so much energy. You may also put the ingredients into a pot, massaging them while reciting your intention, and then boiling your potion. Allow the water to cool, strain it and step into your shower. Pour the water over your head a few times (three is a magic number, nine is even more special) while visualizing all negativity washing down the drain**
Be sure to also view our February Shop Favorites Guide!
May the full moon bless you,
Head Witch in Charge
Ceremonial - Pittsburgh, PA